Social Media and SEO Integration: How Do the Two Work Together?
Social media has changed the face of digital marketing.
With 3.96 billion global users, not only is it an easy way to reach a large audience. It’s highly targetable, so you can send very specific messaging to a particular subgroup of people.
Content is extremely shareable, so you’re able to broaden your reach exponentially.
The very nature of social media encourages engagement in the form of likes, comments, and forum discussions.
Search engine optimization (SEO) helps position your website to generate leads, drive traffic, and increase conversion rates.
Now, social media can be incorporated into your SEO strategy for even more opportunities and results.
Social media and SEO integration are key for a successful digital marketing campaign that drives growth and closes sales.
Social Media in Marketing
Social media marketing is an effective tool for several reasons.
It’s a more casual way for people to interact and grants you the opportunity to connect with your audience in a way that fosters deep relationships.
Chat features and instant messaging allow you to communicate with your following in real-time.
Text, video, and image posts keep viewers engaged with your brand, and paid advertising opportunities can help you expand your reach.
Social media enhances your marketing campaign in these primary ways:
- Boost traffic to your site: When people in your social media networks see your posts, they’re more likely to be driven to your website to learn more about your company and what you offer.
- Drive conversions: The more interaction you have with your audience, the stronger your relationship. When you have a loyal following, they’re more likely to have the trust and confidence needed to purchase from you.
- Increase brand awareness: The more frequently people see your posts, the more they’re exposed to your company name and logo. This builds brand awareness and will help them recall your company when they need your services.
- Develop a brand identity: As viewers continue to see your social media posts, they’ll not only become familiar with your company name and logo. They’ll grow to learn more about you as an individual. All of this helps solidify your brand in their mind.
Social Media and SEO Integration
Social media marketing is all about connecting with people and showing them brands and products they might be interested in.
SEO is the strategy of developing meaningful content with valuable keywords and resourceful links that solves viewers’ problems and answers their questions.
The two strategies seem very different, but when fully integrated, can work together to gain traffic and reach a wide target audience.
Here are five ideas for how to incorporate social media into SEO strategy.
1. Featured Social Sharing Buttons
Encourage readers to share your digital content to their social media networks.
Place social sharing buttons in prominent areas on your site to make the process as simple as the click of a button.
Not only does this empower your viewers to deliver something of value to their own contacts, but it’s also free advertising for your business.
Take this one step further. When you realize someone has shared your content, go to their social media page and like or comment on the post.
This helps establish a connection and lays the foundation for a long-term relationship.
2. Capitalize on Trends
To make the most impact with site visits and link clicks, it’s essential to raise awareness about your content before it gets lost in a sea of noise.
Social media SEO tools can help monitor what topics are trending and when they’re at their peak.
This insight can help you decide what to post about, when to post it, and when to create buzz around your post. This also helps maximize your social media marketing strategy for the most effective SEO results
3. Use Your Blog to Bridge the Relationship Between SEO and Social Media
A blog is one of the easiest ways to optimize your site when it comes to SEO content.
Authoritative, original content is the top-performing tactic in SEO and social media ROI.
Use your blog to boost SERPs and maximize your social media engagement in these ways:
- Post quality content and promote it on social media with your SEO keywords.
- Build relevant links into every blog post you distribute, and ensure these send social media users to the right landing pages for SEO.
- Make connections with other industry blogs and follow them on social media. This broadens your reach and provides opportunities for guest blog posts and link sharing down the road.
4. Optimize Social Profile Pages
Your social media profile page is essentially an expansion of the content on your website. Use this opportunity to incorporate keywords and titles that apply to your website SEO strategy.
Include links that people can follow back to important pages on your site. Remember, links in social media posts don’t typically provide any SEO authority – links in profile pages do.
5. Build a Larger Following
Creating meaningful content that people can share on their social media pages will help generate a loyal following.
The more quality information you post, the more people will come to rely on you as an authority in your field.
As you gain more trust with your followers, they’ll begin sharing your information with their contacts, which expands your audience. The more people you can get to engage with your content, the more this can impact your SEO.
Build a larger social media following by creating valuable, engaging content that people want to read and share.
"By following SEO tips for social media, you can create a content machine that generates leads and revenue and results in ultimate business success."
Incorporate Social Media into Your SEO Strategy
Social media and SEO have a cyclical relationship that leads to success.
The more quality content you create for SEO and post on your site, the more material you have to share to your social media platforms. When you share content on these platforms, you expand your reach and gain a larger audience driven to your website for solutions to their problems. The more valuable information on your site, the more likely they will then share that information with their own social media contacts.
By following SEO tips for social media, you can create a content machine that generates leads and revenue and results in ultimate business success.
Ready to grow your audience and earn higher rankings for optimal digital marketing results? Contact me today to develop an SEO strategy that incorporates social media marketing into your efforts.